The Board of directors is responsible for the overall leadership of the Group and promoting the long-term sustainable success of the Company, generating value for shareholders and contributing to wider society. The Board is committed to, and recognises the value and importance of, high standards of corporate governance. The Board is fully compliant with all provisions of the Corporate Governance Code.
Further information is available in the Corporate Governance report in the Dixons Carphone plc Annual Report and Accounts 2020/21.
The Company is governed in accordance with its Articles of Association.
The formal schedule of Matters Reserved for the decision of the Board is considered by the directors on an annual basis. The Matters Reserved for the Board, available here, include:
- approval of published financial statements, dividend policy and other disclosures requiring Board approval;
- declaration of interim and recommendation of final dividends;
- approval of budget and Group strategy and objectives;
- appointment and remuneration of directors, the Company Secretary and other senior executives;
- approval of major acquisitions and disposals;
- approval of authority levels for expenditure;
- approval of certain Group policies; and
- approval of shareholder communications.
The role descriptions of the key roles on the Board can be found below. The Nominations Committee reviews and considers these on an annual basis and recommends any changes to the Board.
The Currys plc Board is supported by four committees: Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee, Nominations Committee and Remuneration Committee. The Board delegates clearly defined responsibilities to its committees as set out in each committee’s Terms of Reference. The Board’s committees are each comprised of directors of the Currys plc Board, with the exception of the General Counsel and Company Secretary who is a member of the Disclosure Committee.
- Audit Committee
- The Audit Committee oversees the financial reporting, internal controls and the relationship with the external auditor.
- Fiona McBain (Chair)
- Eileen Burbridge MBE
- Gerry Murphy
- The Audit Committee’s Terms of Reference can be found here.
- Disclosure Committee
- The Disclosure Committee oversees the procedures and controls for the identification and disclosure of price sensitive information.
- Bruce Marsh (Chair)
- Alex Baldock
- Nigel Paterson
- The Disclosure Committee’s Terms of Reference can be found here.
- Nominations Committee
- The Nominations Committee oversees the composition of the Board and its committees and that a diverse pipeline is in place for succession planning.
- Lord Livingston (Chair)
- Tony DeNunzio
- Andre Gisle Joosen
- The Nominations Committee’s Terms of Reference can be found here.
- Remuneration Committee
- The Remuneration Committee oversees the remuneration of the Executive Directors and senior management and the structure of remuneration for the workforce.
- Tony DeNunzio (Chair)
- Andre Gisle Joosen
- Gerry Murphy
- The Remuneration Committee’s Terms of Reference can be found here.
Directors have the following interests in Currys plc shares as at 9 November 2021.
Issued share capital: 1,166,458,443
|Director||Position||Number of shares||% interest|
|Lord Livingston of Parkhead||Chair of the Board||205,631||0.02%|
|Alex Baldock||Group Chief Executive||1,285,507||0.11%|
|Eileen Burbidge||Independent Non-Executive Director||4,200||0.00%|
|Tony DeNunzio||Deputy Chair and Senior Independent Director||280,000||0.02%|
|Andrea Gisle Joosen||Independent Non-Executive Director||24,976||0.00%|
|Bruce Marsh||Group Chief Financial Officer||86,406||0.01%|
|Fiona McBain||Independent Non-Executive Director||28,129||0.00%|
|Gerry Murphy||Independent Non-Executive Director||100,000||0.01%|